Pages

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Pizzadillas



I am one of those people who has a guilty pleasure of buying cooking magazines. A lot of times I will buy the magazine and not try out the recipes, but this week I saw a Pizzadilla recipe that was so interesting that I had to try it. It's the perfect match between pizza and a quesadilla.

The thing I like most about this recipe is that it's easy to make and the ingredients are really low cost (approx. $2.00 a serving). It's also SO delicious and healthy if you use the right ingredients. This took a total of about 20 minutes, so I was really happy with the outcome.

What you will Need:

  • approx. 1 tablespoon canola oil (for cooking)
  • 4 (8-inch) flour tortillas
  • 1 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese (I usually don't measure this out. I just use what I want)
  • 1 ounce Turkey Pepperoni (it tastes the same as normal pepperoni and it's 70% less fat!)
  • 1 cup Pizza Sauce or Marinara of choice
  • ** I added additional pizza ingredients even though the recipe didn't call for them. I'm sure you can add whatever you want. We wanted to add some green pepper for flavor.

What to do:
  1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
  2. Brush the canola oil over a jelly-roll pan and top it with the tortillas (I used two pans)
  3. Sprinkle cheese over each tortilla (about 3 tablespoons per tortilla) and divide pepperoni among tortillas. (Here's also where I added the green pepper). Top with more cheese (another 3 tablespoons or so).
  4. Bake at 400 for 5 minutes. Remove from oven, and carefully fold each tortilla in half. Put this back in the oven and bake for an additional 10 minutes (5 minutes per side. Flip it half way through). (they should be really crispy and toasted brown by this point).
  5. Heat sauce in a microwave safe bowl and serve along side for dipping.
Enjoy! (this can be served alone or with steamed broccoli or a small salad on the side).



No comments:

Post a Comment