Pages

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Unbelievable BBQ Chicken Pizza

I made this recipe a few weeks ago when we were in a hurry and didn't have a lot of time for preparation. I told Lucas that this recipe was just too easy to make and didn't require a whole lot of creativity so I didn't feel that I should post it. He told me that that is exactly WHY I needed to post it - this was delicious - and it was really quick and really easy to make. 

In the recipe, it requires you to mix barbeque sauce and marinara sauce. I was confused by this because neither of them are pizza sauce. While, yes, you can use pizza sauce and mix that with the barbeque sauce in the place or the marinara, I highly suggest you try it first before you knock it. Barbeque sauce alone is a bit overwhelming, but with the marinara sauce to balance it out, it is the perfect blend to really make this recipe amazing.

Unbelievable Barbeque Chicken Pizza


What you will need:
  • 1 tablespoon sesame oil
  • 1 skinless, boneless chicken breast
  • 1/4 cup barbeque sauce, divided (I used Kraft and we loved it, but you can use your favorite bbq sauce)
  • 1/2 cup marinara sauce
  • 1 package pre-baked pizza crust (14-16 inch) (you can use homemade dough here instead, I just didn't because we didn't have time to wait for it to rise and then cook).
  • 1 cup mozzarella cheese (or to taste - I usually don't measure these things out)
  • 1/3 cup thinly sliced red onion 
  • 2 tablespoons fresh chopped cilantro
  • ** feel free to add ingredients here. I added red bell pepper. 
What you will do:
  1. Heat sesame oil in a skillet over medium heat. Place the chicken breast in the skillet and top with 1 tablespoon barbeque sauce. Cook for 10 minutes then turn and top the other side with 1 tablespoon barbeque sauce. Cook 10 minutes, until juices run clear. Cool slightly and cut into chunk.
  2. Preheat oven to 425.
  3. In a small bowl, mix the remaining barbeque sauce and marinara. Spread evenly over pizza crust (make sure to leave about 1/2 inch - 1 inch around the rim for the crust). Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over top of sauce. Arrange cooked chicken chunks and red onion slices over the top.
  4. Bake 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Sprinkle with cilantro and drizzle with additional barbeque sauce (if desired). (I would recommend letting this sit for 5-10 minutes before slicing). 
Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment